Trip Planner: USA / New York State / Westchester County / Pleasantville / Rockefeller State Park Preserve
• 13 Bridges Loop Trail - 1.9 miles of even to moderate grade, leading to 13 bridges on the wandering Gory BrookPut Rockefeller State Park Preserve and other Pleasantville attractions into our Pleasantville trip planner, and watch your holiday take shape.
• Bird Feeder Area - located next to the art gallery, many birds frequent the feeders in all seasons
• Fern Garden - located at the entrance, this garden is volunteer maintained
• Old Croton Aqueduct State Historic Park - 0.9 miles of the Old Croton Aqueduct travel through the preserve.
• Peony Monument - located next to the art gallery, these beautiful flowers were donated by a town in Southern Japan (the town of Yatsuka in the Shimane Prefecture). The peonies bloom every spring in late April through early May.
• Rockwood Hall - it was once the county estate of the late William M. Rockefeller
• Swan Lake - located a short walk from the art gallery, a 22-acre lake
• The Art Gallery @ Rockefeller State Park Preserve - gallery of two-dimensional arts. Rotated every six weeks. See the calendar of events for the most updated exhibit.
Rockefeller State Park Preserve reviews
Beautiful trails, not to difficult. We walked over 7 miles. Saw goat, pigs, sheep, babbling brooks and majestic fields and trees. . And... saw a bounding deer being chased by two coyotes. Deer got... more »
Many hiking trails available. Trails are well marked, ranger staff very helpful with trail descriptions. Any hikers we encountered were masked more »
Great park anytime but even with covid all safe rangers monitoring Nice picnic tables & area lot of room. Carriage road shaded on a 90F day. Lake scenic. Parking $6 but many parked on road 117. more »
Gorgeous state park that had many different trails and areas for running and jogging. The main path brings you to the lake. If you stay around the outskirts of the lake it will be about 1.25 miles. Wish this place was closer for me. Love it.
Really nice, easy quiet walks with pretty scenery. Great at any time of day, but it really shines around dusk. Hundreds of dragonflies, butterflies and fireflies, deer and a great view of the sunset. Perfect if that's what you're looking for.
Perfect on a nice day. With an endless variation of trails, you can easily pass friendly people, excited dogs, people on horseback, Blue Hill's farm and beautiful scenery... If you go, please maintain it's pristine appearance and cleanliness.
This place is huge so we didn't get to see it all but enjoyed walking a trail while there which was our purpose for going there. We have to go back to see more of it. I would recommend it.
My favorite local state park. Lots of hiking trails of every length and skill level. Well maintained parking and facilities. Also a great place for a long trail run.
Plan your trip to Pleasantville
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Pleasantville
36 days in Nyack BY A USER FROM BAHAMAS Hook Mountain State Park · Rockland Bakery · Palisades Center 4 days in Sleepy Hollow BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES The Stony Point Battlefield Lighthouse · New Croton Dam · Van Cortlandt Manor 39 days in New York City BY A USER FROM GREECE Shiloh Baptist Church · Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine · Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum 8 days in Beacon & Westchester County BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Beacon · Peekskill 1 day in Sleepy Hollow BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Union Church of Pocantico Hills · Rockefeller State Park Preserve · Sleepy Hollow Cemetery 3 days in New York State BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES New York City · Nanuet · Bear Mountain 60 days in Lansing & New York City BY A USER FROM NIGERIA Lansing · New York City 1 day in Pleasantville BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Sleepy Hollow Cemetery · Rockefeller State Park Preserve · Union Church of Pocantico Hills 9 days in Hackensack BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Skylands New Jersey Botanical Gardens · Woodbury Common Premium Outlets · Palisades Center 39 days in Hackensack BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Goffle Road Poultry Farm · Hiram Blauvelt Art Museum · Bergen County Zoological Park 15 days in New York State BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES New York City · Rochester · Niagara Falls 15 days in New York City BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Central Park · Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours · Rockefeller Center
Are you the owner of this business?Click here for promotion tips.