Lake Placid Club Golf Courses, Lake Placid

3.2
#11 of 12 in Outdoors in Lake Placid
Dr. Melville Dewey, originator of the Dewey Decimal System, founded the social and recreational Club in 1895. In a co-operative spirit, its first members were professors, teachers, clergy, writers, and librarians. High standards and unique natural surroundings soon attracted those of means who shared the same interest in intellect and recreation. In 1906 winterized buildings were open for year-round use. By 1923, through vision and true entrepreneurship, the Club had expanded to 9,600 acres with a staff of over 1,100. At that time there were 356 buildings, 110 of which were residences; 21 tennis courts, and 7 golf courses
Arrange your visit to Lake Placid Club Golf Courses and discover more family-friendly attractions in Lake Placid using our Lake Placid road trip planning app .
Source
Create an itinerary including Lake Placid Club Golf Courses
map
Lake Placid Club Golf Courses Reviews
Rate this attraction
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating 4.0
50 reviews
Google
TripAdvisor
  • Played the mountain course in the afternoon, pro shop said links course was busy, we like to play fast so opted for the mt course. Layout was okay & yes it is a mt course. Fairways were mediocre with ...  more »
  • Recently played here with a group of 16 as part of an annual golf trip to Lake Placid. I always try to include this course in our 4 day rotation but this place is now out. The layout of the links cour...  more »
  • the best what you get for 80$ is the view into the valley of lake placid. but the golf is at best mediocre. the fairway was 90% good to play. if i happend to be on the other 10%, i took the freedom of...  more »
Google
  • Beautiful club house for wedding!

Plan your trip to Lake Placid

  • Get a personalized plan

    A complete day-by-day itinerary
    based on your preferences
  • Customize it

    Refine your plan. We'll find the
    best routes and schedules
  • Book it

    Choose from the best hotels
    and activities. Up to 50% off
  • Manage it

    Everything in one place.
    Everyone on the same page.

Where to stay in Lake Placid

Browse hotels, guesthouses, and unique homes and book your stay on the world's leading accommodation sites.
Live like a local, find unique places to stay
Millions of travel reviews on TripAdvisor

Plans in Lake Placid by other users

3 days in Lake Placid BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES December, outdoors, relaxing, museums, hidden gems PREFERENCES: December, outdoors, relaxing, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium 3 days in Lake Placid BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES January, teens, popular PREFERENCES: January, teens ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 15 days in New York State BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM May, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: May ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 60 days in New York State BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES June, teens, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife, popular PREFERENCES: June, teens, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 3 days in Lake Placid BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES December, outdoors, relaxing, romantic, shopping, popular PREFERENCES: December, outdoors, relaxing, romantic, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 2 days in Lake Placid BY A USER FROM CANADA December, teens, culture, outdoors, wildlife, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: December, teens, culture, outdoors, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 60 days in United States BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES November, outdoors, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: November, outdoors ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 3 days in Lake Placid BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES March, popular PREFERENCES: March ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 16 days in New York State BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM May, culture, outdoors, historic sites, shopping, hidden gems PREFERENCES: May, culture, outdoors, historic sites, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium 17 days in New York State BY A USER FROM EGYPT December, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: December ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 2 days in Lake Placid BY A USER FROM CANADA November, popular PREFERENCES: November ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 5 days in Lake Placid BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, kids, popular PREFERENCES: September, kids ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium
View more plans