St. Mary's House & Gardens, Bramber
Categories: Gardens, Nature & Parks
An enchanting historic 15th century timber-framed house, with magnificent gardens, in the picturesque award-winning downland village of Bramber, West Sussex... a place of fascination and mystery.Put St. Mary's House & Gardens into our Bramber holiday planner to see other points of interest to visit during your vacation in Bramber.
• Still a lived-in home, with fine panelled rooms, including the unique Elizabethan 'trompe l'oeil' Painted Room.
• Intriguing literary connections... Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest, and Sherlock Holmes' The Musgrave Ritual.
• Five acres of beautiful gardens, including the ‘Lost Gardens of Bramber’, prehistoric Ginkgo Biloba 'living fossil' tree, amusing animal topiary, and Victorian 'Secret' Garden with unusual circular English Poetry Garden and Rural Museum.
• World class collection of works by Thomas Hood
• See a variety of unusual collections on display, including
- The Handbags Collection
- The Ceramics and Porcelain Collections
- The Napoleonic Collection
Today the house is helped by a team of volunteers who give a warm welcome to thousands of visitors.
There is free parking for visitors and wheel chair access to all ground floor areas.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Words cannot describe this small gem. This ancient Tudor house will reveal something unforgettable. A lovely garden from fairy tales. Inside it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited in... read more »
Lovely old Tudor home & garden that is well-worth a visit. We spent a wonderful, sunny afternoon wandering in the various garden "rooms" and enjoying this incredible Tudor house. Highly recommended.
Arrived at 2pm and suddenly it was 4.30pm. This is another gem found on the HHA app. The mix of an old house dating to the mid-1400s, a varied collection of sometimes eccentric objects and furniture, ... read more »
S t. Mary's House in Bramber is a mediaeval monastic property of exquisite beauty with a fabulous history. It is well worth visiting again & again & again.............
Fantastic house and beautiful garden
Unable to display map at this time. Please try again later.
Are you the owner of this business? Click here for promotion tips.