Trip Planner Europe  /  Ukraine  /  Lviv Oblast  /  Svirzh  /  Historic Sites  /  Svirzh Castle

Svirzh Castle, Svirzh

Categories: Castles, Tourist Spots
Inspirock Rating:
5/5 based on a few reviews on the web
Svirzh Castle is located in Svirzh. A visit to Svirzh Castle represents just the start of the adventure when you use our Svirzh tourist route planner to plot your vacation.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
going to
read all reviews »
  • The Castle almost no tourist and his condition leaves much to be desired. Svirzh in itself is cozy and beautiful place. The castle is beautiful, but not always be able to get inside. And still there were shooting "the Musketeers".
    show original
  • One of the most romantic castles of Lviv region is situated in the village, which was first mentioned in documents in 1427 year yet. Svirzh castle appeared here a little later-1482-m. it was built by Polish noblemen Sviržskimi. Then the Defense town belonged to the Earls of Cetneram, which gave it a modern look, so sometimes a construction called the castle of Tsetner. He was repeatedly destroyed by Turks and Cossacks, but all the time it rose from the ashes. The last owner of the castle of the count, General Robert Lamezan-Sahlins began repairs here in the year 1907. He was finished, as the start of the first world war. Almost all burned down, leaving only the walls. However, he did not leave the ruins and started to rebuild the Castle again. Worked here and a few captured Russian soldiers-so the Earl had them to revive what they destroyed. In the movie d, Artan′ân and the three Musketeers "svirzh Castle played the role of the bastion Saint-Germain, where Musketeers trapezdničali.
    show original
  • On top of a small hill, at the base of which there is a small lake located this castle (one of the best preserved ones of Ukraine) whose earliest records date back to 1530, although then it was remodeled in later periods. For anyone who was in Lviv is absolutely recommended to visit, as it is a little more than 40 km away. Visited on August 23, 2014.
    show original