Trip Planner Europe  /  Turkey  /  Turkish Aegean Coast  /  Izmir Province  /  Selcuk  /  Historic Sites  /  Ephesus Theatre

Ephesus Theatre, Selcuk

Categories: Ruins, Tourist Spots
Inspirock Rating:
4.8/5 based on 850+ reviews on the web
Ephesus Theatre is located in Selcuk. See Ephesus Theatre and all Selcuk has to offer by arranging your trip with our Selcuk tour planner.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
going to
read all reviews »
  • Some of the buildings are still quite intact and give a good insight to how this ancient city must have looked Its definitely worth a visit 
  • It's fun to climb around on and think about how many people must have been in Ephesus to support a theater that size. 
  • 我以前讀聖經,就想要來訪這基督教初代教會的古蹟。讓我驚豔的古城,想到聖徒保羅的堅定。影響了這個世界!看看當時以弗所的建築及繁榮,有這羅馬劇場印證了史蹟的真實! 
  • Amazing place. Well priced, great views, great information in the info boards. Everything is well preserved - especially the terraced houses. We had an amazing day. I recommend you park at the northern car park and then take a taxi up to the top for 20 TRL. Then you can walk back down the hill to the car through the ruins.
  • Visiting Ephesus was a highlight of my Mediterranean vacation. Walking amid the ancient ruins was surreal and humbling. Beware the beautiful but slippery marble everywhere! The terrace house exhibit was amazing. I definitely recommend visiting, especially since the country and people were beautiful and hospitable as well!
  • The most stunning roman ruins I have ever seen. Don't forget to visit the terraced houses which have a separate entry ticket. This place needs at least half-a-day to be able to view and enjoy the treasures it holds. It is also more than 1 km walk under the hot sun, so come prepared with water, hats etc. to beat the heat.
  • The view from the amphitheatre is amazing. If you are lucky you can find tortoises and lizards which live in this area. It's about 5 km walk up and down or down and up. There are two entrences. After 5 in the evening all of the tours leave the place and you may enjoy it alone :) think of buying a 'müze kart'.
  • So beautiful and intact that I could barely believe it was really from Roman times. It's huge and, according to our guide, is only 15% of the city it used to be -- the remaining 85% is still being uncovered today. Make sure you see the terrace houses while you're there!
Nearby Attractions
Visit for 1​h 30​m
Visit for 2​h 30​m
Visit for 3​h
Visit for 1​h 30​m
Visit for 1​h 30​m