©

Granges trip planner

Create a fully customized
day-by-day itinerary for free

Itinerary Planner
+ Add destination
2 adults
Adults
- +
Teens
- +
Kids
- +
Close

Granges

Granges, officially referred to as Granges is a municipality in the district of Veveyse in the canton of Fribourg in Switzerland.HistoryGranges is first mentioned in 1134 as per campos Grangiarum.GeographyGranges has an area of. Of this area, 3.08km2 or 69.1% is used for agricultural purposes, while 0.9km2 or 20.2% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.48km2 or 10.8% is settled (buildings or roads).Of the built up area, industrial buildings made up 1.8% of the total area while housing and buildings made up 5.8% and transportation infrastructure made up 2.9%. Out of the forested land, 18.4% of the total land area is heavily forested and 1.8% is covered with orchards or small clusters of trees. Of the agricultural land, 20.2% is used for growing crops and 41.0% is pastures, while 2.2% is used for orchards or vine crops and 5.6% is used for alpine pastures.The municipality is located in the Veveyse district, on the north flank of Mont-Pèlerin.Coat of armsThe blazon of the municipal coat of arms is Quartered, first and fourth Or an Ibex rampant Sable on Coupeaux Vert and second and third Argent a Pine Tree Vert issuant from Coupeaux Sable.DemographicsGranges has a population of., 12.8% of the population are resident foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years (2000–2010) the population has changed at a rate of 22.5%. Migration accounted for 22.8%, while births and deaths accounted for 6.1%.Most of the population speaks French (582 or 92.5%) as their first language, German is the second most common (23 or 3.7%) and English is the third (10 or 1.6%). There is 1 person who speaks Italian.
Plan your tour of Granges and Switzerland travel itinerary using our Switzerland trip itinerary maker site .
Source
Create a full itinerary — for free!

Plan your trip to Granges

  • Get a personalized plan

    A complete day-by-day itinerary
    based on your preferences
  • Customize it

    Refine your plan. We'll find the
    best routes and schedules
  • Book it

    Choose from the best hotels
    and activities. Up to 50% off
  • Manage it

    Everything in one place.
    Everyone on the same page.

Where to stay in Granges

Browse hotels, guesthouses, and unique homes and book your stay on the world's leading accommodation sites.
Live like a local, find unique places to stay
Millions of travel reviews on TripAdvisor