Trip Planner : Asia / Japan / Kyushu-Okinawa / Kagoshima Prefecture / Kagoshima / Museums / Ishibashi Park
Ishibashi Park, Kagoshima
Categories: Specialty Museums, Museums
is a park in Hama-machi, Kagoshima, Japan. At the end of the Edo period (late 19th century), local lord Shimazu Shigehide had five bridges, collectively called the Gosekkyō ("five stone bridges"), built across the Kōtsuki River. Two of them collapsed in floods in 1993. The remaining three were moved to a new location and restored. Ishibashi Park consists of these three bridges and a museum.HistoryOn August 6, 1993, torrential rain in Kagoshima Prefecture led to flooding that caused two of the five bridges, Takeno-bashi Bridge and Shinkan-bashi Bridge, to collapse. The other three bridges, Tamae-bashi Bridge, Nishida-bashi Bridge, and Kōrai-bashi Bridge, also suffered enormous damage.After the flooding, the three bridges that withstood it were moved to a new location where they could be repaired, restored and better protected. In 2000, this place was opened as Ishibashi Park.OutlineThe park is at the mouth of the Inari River, next to national highway Route 10, and was originally a location for the Gion-no-su gun battery used during the Anglo-Satsuma War in 1863.Nishida-bashi Bridge is the nearest bridge to the memorial hall. A large amount of money was spent on it, because the daimyo (territorial lords) used it when travelling on sankin kōtai, which obligated lords to live for a year alternately in Edo (Tokyo) and in their own feudal domains, to show their loyalty to the shogunate. Kōrai-bashi Bridge connected Kajiya-chō and Kōrai-chō, where there lived many samurai who would later overthrow the Tokugawa shogunate. Of the three bridges, Tamae-bashi Bridge, which was originally furthest upstream but now closest to the sea, retains most of the original features of the stone bridges.Plan to see Ishibashi Park and other attractions that appeal to you using our Kagoshima itinerary planner.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
かつて鹿児島市内にあった、近代式の石橋について様々な角度から学べる施設です。特に建設工事を再現したジオラマは非常にわかりやすく、多くの人が長い時間をかけて作った大事業だったんだなと考えさせられる場所でした。Learn from various angles of modern expression was once a Kagoshima City, accommodation. The location and diorama construction in particular was a big business over time much easier to understand, and many people have long made a really thought-provoking.show original
かつて本当に鹿児島市内にあった歴史的な橋をここに移築しています。３つの橋で、歴史や技術を丁寧に解説してくれます。 現場の橋も美しく、これが無料はいいところです。公園にもなっているので家族連れで楽しめます。Historic bridge once it was in the Kagoshima City has moved to here. Three bridges, politely explain the history and technology. Beautiful bridge scene, this is free and is trying. Since becoming the Park offers families.show original
甲突川にかかっていた石橋がこちらに移設されました。桜島をみながら石橋をわたり、散策できます。夏は子供の絶好の水遊び場で、にぎわっています。Stone took the kotsuki has been relocated to here. While watching Sakurajima over the stone bridge, you can explore. Summer is a great water play area for children, are crowded.show original
Ortelius Abraham☆ Iwanaga sangoro coral waxy 1793-Mason was active in higo-Han and the Satsuma han in the Edo period in 1851, central figure of taneyama masonry. His wife is the daughter of Fujiwara stands 7-3 credit. Is the first stone made the first one not clear, but certainly sangoro work, made during the 25-year-old former tomochi, Kumamoto, Misato, the current waterway bridge, male bridge 亀滝 bridge in 1817, and later became the exemplar of the waterbridge. Sangoro gained a reputation this is engaged in reclamation works in 1820 now Yatsushiro City, become Masons with total cabling. Iwanaga last name in what was allowed at this time during the construction period from the higo clan claiming as long as that 10 years after construction is complete and this achievement formally allowed family name wearing a sword. Bridge continued afterwards in the higo clan to St. bridge and Arch stone bridge. In 1840, asked to come from the Satsuma clan. Third Goro three flat tow, proceeded to the Satsuma kotsuki flows through the town of Kagoshima Konan kotsuki GOISHI revetment construction for River and also built. The decorated bridge while Nishida bridge was a bridge that the Lord will use shougun Sango's was made in one of the most luxurious. In Kagoshima Prefecture, Ishibashi of the third Goro other more obsolete.show original
Maga wainSo far for the first time saw a big stone. Even where no previous knowledge of the impression is sheer might.show original
Satoshi AriyoshiThere are lots of stone, from within the House, stone bridge over the Sakura-jima. You can also water at one end of the bridge.show original
西山繁Memorial Stone puzzles are interesting and fun.show original
Hiroyuki MatsunoThe Park was created, and moved the bridge was on the kotsuki. Enjoy this wonderful landscape, family time.show original
Unable to display map at this time. Please try again later.
Are you the owner of this business? Click here for promotion tips.