Museo Archeologico Nazionale - Palazzo Loffredo, Potenza

Categories: Specialty Museums, Museums
Inspirock Rating:
4.9/5 based on 75+ reviews on the web
Museo Archeologico Nazionale - Palazzo Loffredo is located in Potenza. To visit Museo Archeologico Nazionale - Palazzo Loffredo on your holiday in Potenza, and find out what else Potenza has to offer, use our Potenza vacation planner.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
going to
read all reviews »
  • The National Archaeological Museum of Basilicata Dinu Adameşteanu is an archaeological museum opened in 2005 in power, in the restored palazzo Loffredo. The Museum is dedicated to Romanian archaeologist Dinu Adameşteanu, who was the first Superintendent of Basilicata (1964-1977). Since December 2014 the Museum is managed by the Polo museale della Basilicata. The Museum provides an overview of the archaeological finds in the region of Basilicata and more information on the oldest history of the territory. The exhibition is arranged over two floors and follows a chronological and geographical. 9th-8th century BC: Enotri on the Ionian coast. sites in New York City and Santa Maria Incoronata, d'anglona, with items dating from the beginning of the iron age. 7th century BC: Greek colonization on the Ionian coast. objects from the colonies of Metapontum, founded in 640 b.c. and Siris-Heraclea IX and VIII century BC: Enotri along the valleys of the rivers Agri and Sinni; necropolis with graves (Aliano, Chiaromonte, Guardia Perticara); between 9TH-8TH and 4th century BC: the Bradano and Basento Valley Apuli shown between VIII and V century b.c.: Peuketiantes in the mountainous areas of Northern Basilica inside (princely necropolis Baragiano and Braida di Vaglio Serra di Vaglio, and lived at Vaglio Basilicata. late 5th-4th century BC: Lucani in the North (Rossano di Vaglio sanctuary) end of the 4th century BC. : Roman conquest: objects from the Latin colony of Venusia (Venosa), from the Centre of Grumentum the Roman villas and Roman territory. Venue Review the Museum is hosted by palazzo Loffredo, built by the family of Guevara, the feudal lords of the city, between the late 15th and early 16th century it passed to the family Lang in 1604. In the 19th century it housed Government offices of the stewardship of Basilicata and was then transformed into the headquarters of the Royal College in 1825, ruled by the Jesuits between 1850 and 1860. After the unification of Italy was home to College and Music Conservatory dedicated to Gesualdo da Venosa. Owned by the municipality of Potenza, was surrendered to the Soprintendenza ai Beni archeologici della Basilicata for the National Museum.
    show original
  • the beautiful part about prehistory. The staff is always helpful and friendly. Wonderful with children
    show original
  • Visited the Museum with his family (wife and daughters aged 10 and 22 years) on Sunday morning during a we in Basilicata. The visit went very well considering that he involved everyone to observe and reflect on the habits and living conditions (in many cases through the funerary art) of people in different eras have populated the region of Basilicata. The funeral of Princess Girl really impressed us. The idea to organize the exposure to specific sites with very clear descriptions, stimulates Moreover the visitor to go directly on the different places. We had entered with the idea of employing at most an hour to visit the two floors of exhibitions, when we came out of it were passed more than two. Definitely worth visiting!
    show original
  • A lovely Museum with exhibits from all over Basilicata, in a historical building of the family Lang. To visit.
    show original
Nearby Attractions
Visit for 4​h
Visit for 2​h 30​m
Visit for 4​h
Visit for 1​h
Visit for 1​h 30​m
Visit for 2​h 30​m