Chiesa di San Sepolcro, Milan
Categories: Churches, Tourist Spots
Chiesa di San Sepolcro is a church in Milan, Italy. It was originally built in 1030, but has undergone multiple revisions. The church is located at Piazza San Sepolcro in the historic center of Milan.The latest interior restoration was in 1713-1719, whild the present Neo-Romanesque facade was completed in 1894-1897, under the designs of Gaetano Moretti and Cesare Nava. The Bramantino frescoes were moved from the portal to the inside of the church. Other works in side are attributed to Francesco Maria Richini and Carlo Bellosio.To visit Chiesa di San Sepolcro on your holiday in Milan, and find out what else Milan has to offer, use our Milan vacation trip planner.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Si spendono 10 euro che dovrebbero essere in gran parte usati per il restauro del sito, ma da nessuna parte ci sono dettagli su questo fantomatico restauro. Il costo non è scritto da nessuna parte. Il... read more »You spend 10 euros which should be largely used for the restoration of the site, but anywhere there are details about this elusive restoration. The cost is not written anywhere. The site is very overlooked (even sore clean), the low light doesn't help to read signs and there's really very little to see. In proportion to enter for example in San Maurizio should pay 1000 €.show original
Speriamo che i 10 euro richiesti per l'ingresso della Cripta vengano veramente spesi per il restauro! Ciò giustificherebbe il costo esoso. Nonostante ciò è da vedere. In realtà non è una cripta ma una... read more »Hopefully the 10 euro required for entry of the crypt is really spent on the restoration! This would justify the exorbitant cost. It is to be seen. In reality it is a crypt but a subterranean Church of the year 1030, is an extraordinary artistic and archaeological monument in the heart of old Milan. Saint Charles Borromeo called the navel of the city and a map of the Leonardo da Vinci Codex Atlanticus is a copy, indicated as the true Center of Milan. Inside the crypt there is a terracotta statue of San Carlo Borromeo kneeling in front of a copy of the sarcophagus of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. Combined with the visit you can see the Church and the Roman Forumshow original
ha da poco aperto il san sepolcro dove per entrare chiedono 10 euro,ma la ristrutturazione e ciò che si vede ,è per me poca cosa sconsigliataHe recently opened the san sepolcro where to enter call for 10 euros, but restructuring and what you see, it is not very much discouragedshow original
Eventi MilanoAfter fifty years and a major restoration, the crypt of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre has reopened to the public on March 12, 2016. Rebuilt after the first crusade, was studied by Leonardo da Vinci: san Carlo made it a place of prayer on the mystery of Christ's passion, while his cousin Federico Borromeo built around the Biblioteca Ambrosiana. The crypt is one of the oldest places of the city and is located on the ancient Roman Cardo and Decumanus crossing: the flooring, consisting of large slabs of white stone very resistant, called ' Verona ', comes from the ancient Roman paving of the 4th century that represented the main square of the civitas romana, where the main civil and religious activities were held. The genesis of the Church and the crypt below, however, is of 1030, when Benedict Ronzone, child of Remedio (master of the Mint), founded here a private chapel, dedicated to the Holy Trinity. When he returned from the first crusade that had attended too many Milanese, the great-grandson of the first founder had it rebuilt the Church to "imitation" of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem, just freed from the hands of the infidels. The new temple, with the rededication, he was consecrated by Archbishop 15 July 1100 solemnly Anselmo da Bovisio, such monumental votive offerings for the enterprise accomplished and as a sign of perennial bond between the Holy City reported to Christianity and the milanese community itself. With an indulgence granted to all who have visited this shrine, unable to travel to the Holy land. At the center of an underground area is a large sarcophagus of the tomb of Christ, by a campionese master in the first 300. According to tradition it was placed inside the land taken by the Crusaders in Jerusalem, along with other relics from the Holy places overseas. In front of the sarcophagus is a seventeenth-century polychrome statue of Saint Carlo. The Borromeo, moreover, wished to settle in this complex, the Congregation of the Oblates who favored in particular devotions in memory of the passion of Christ, establishing also the procession with the Holy nail, on the feast of the finding of the cross.show original
Fabrizio ScottiBeautifulshow original
Marco PitalieriYou can visit the dungeons ...show original
Costantino ContiBeautiful wooden representations in the side chapelsshow original
Simone StortiInterestingshow original
Unable to display map at this time. Please try again later.
Are you the owner of this business? Click here for promotion tips.