©

Leverano trip planner

Create a fully customized
day-by-day itinerary for free

Itinerary Planner
+ Add destination
2 adults
Adults
- +
Teens
- +
Kids
- +
Close

Leverano

Trip Planner Europe  /  Italy  /  Puglia  /  Province of Lecce  /  Leverano
Leverano is a town and comune in the Italian province of Lecce in the southeastern part of the Apulia region of south-east Italy. In 2001 its population was 13,981.Bounding communesArnesanoCarmianoCopertinoNardòVeglieHistoryLeverano was severely destroyed by the Ostrogoth Totila, it was also destroyed by the Arabs in the 9th century. A tower was later built in 1220 and it protected against pirate raids. The tower is built with Norman architecture.Leverano DOCThe area around Leverano produces both red, white and rose Italian DOC wine, though the region produces vastly more red wine than anything else. The grapes are limited to a harvest yield of 15 tonnes/ha. Red wines must have a finished alcohol level of at least 12% and are composed of at least 65% Negroamaro and up to 35% of the assorted blend of Malvasia, Sangiovese and Montepulciano. White wines must have a minimum alcohol level of at least 11% and be composed of at least 65% Malvasia bianca with Trebbiano and Bombino bianco allowed to make up the remaining 35%.
Find what you're looking for from your Leverano holiday, by planning the whole thing with us using our handy Italy online sightseeing planner .
Source
Create a full itinerary — for free!

Plan your trip to Leverano

  • Get a personalized plan

    A complete day-by-day itinerary
    based on your preferences
  • Customize it

    Refine your plan. We'll find the
    best routes and schedules
  • Book it

    Choose from the best hotels
    and activities. Up to 50% off
  • Manage it

    Everything in one place.
    Everyone on the same page.

Where to stay in Leverano

Browse hotels, guesthouses, and unique homes and book your stay on the world's leading accommodation sites.
Live like a local, find unique places to stay
Millions of travel reviews on TripAdvisor

Recently planned trips to Province of Lecce

4 days in Gallipoli BY A USER FROM ITALY November, popular PREFERENCES: November ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 4 days in Puglia SEE PLAN March, popular PREFERENCES: March ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 3 days in Lecce BY A USER FROM MALTA January, popular PREFERENCES: January ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 12 days in Puglia BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES September, beaches, historic sites, popular PREFERENCES: September, beaches, historic sites ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 10 days in United States & Europe BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES May, popular PREFERENCES: May ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 6 days in Lecce BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM May, romantic, beaches, hidden gems PREFERENCES: May, romantic, beaches ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium 11 days in Venice, Lecce & Greece BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES July, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: July, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 6 days in Puglia BY A USER FROM ARGENTINA May, popular PREFERENCES: May ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 8 days in Puglia BY A USER FROM LITHUANIA January, kids, culture, outdoors, relaxing, wildlife, popular PREFERENCES: January, kids, culture, outdoors, relaxing, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 7 days in Puglia BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES January, popular PREFERENCES: January ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 3 days in Lecce BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA March, culture, historic sites, museums, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: March, culture, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 16 days in Italy BY A USER FROM LATVIA January, popular PREFERENCES: January ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium
View more plans