Trip Planner Europe  /  France  /  Provence  /  French Riviera - Cote d'Azur  /  Nice  /  Sightseeing  /  Chapelle du Saint-Suaire

Chapelle du Saint-Suaire, Nice

Categories: Landmarks, Tourist Spots
Inspirock Rating:
4.2/5 based on a few reviews on the web
Chapelle du Saint-Suaire is located in Nice. For Chapelle du Saint-Suaire and beyond, use our Nice itinerary builder to get the most from your Nice vacation.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
going to
read all reviews »
  • Superb Chapel refined very attached to the Palace of the Senate at the end of the Senate l have enters the island Malonat so did returns l Street former Senate have leads pesquié dou malounat the last washhouse of the old Nice in front of you stands the PALACE of the GOVERNOR GALLEAN 06 STREET of the MALONAT and its beautiful door frame frame moulding is flanks of two pilasters monolithic marble fluted a Tuscan tent that support l entablature. the door to the centre a frieze cartridge held by 2 bed wings putti facing each other and at the ends two heads quite finely worked seen from the front leaf wood and l one of the most beautiful of this types particularly robust it measures 2; 70 high and 1; 45 wide. Outside it is armored and decorated with double rows of nails forged by hand to, inside we see six 5 centimeters thick vertical planks which are reinforced by 4 sleepers of wood 6 centimeters thick it is based on the hinges through three hinges its elements of original closures have disappeared
    show original
  • Small building with the neo-classical façade stands at the bottom of the Cours Saleya, this Chapel is hosted by the brotherhood of the Red Penitents, society born of the merger of the brotherhood of Saint-Nom-de-Jésus, founded in 1579, the brotherhood of the Holy Spirit, established in 1585 and of the brotherhood of the Holy Shroud, founded in Nice in 1620. Less 'visible' as the chapel of nearby mercy, his architectural humility makes a touching devotion, particularly to the Holy Shroud. Inside: parterre in Carrara marble; the high altar, table "The Holy Trinity" by Paolo Emilio Barberi, painter and Roman architect; canvas of Gio - Gasparo Baldoino dated 1660, appearing on two registers, "Updating the tomb" topped by "Ostentation of the shroud by the Angels"; altars of the Virgin and St. Joseph; procession in polychrome carved wood group, contained the "Miracle of St. Hospice", 6th century hermit who had withdrawn to a tower of the St.-jean-Cap-Ferrat peninsula. A visit to not be despised.
    show original
  • Apart from the picture that recalls the presence of the Holy Shroud in Nice, I did not find peace here. The is also called with the name Red penitents ' Chapel.
    show original
Nearby Attractions
Visit for 2​h 30​m
Visit for 1​h
Visit for 3​h
Visit for 1​h 30​m
Visit for 8​h
Visit for 2​h