©

Shennongjia trip planner

Create a fully customized
day-by-day itinerary for free

Itinerary Planner
+ Add destination
2 adults
Adults
- +
Teens
- +
Kids
- +
Close

Shennongjia

Trip Planner Asia  /  China  /  Hubei  /  Shennongjia
Shennongjia Forestry District is a county-level administrative unit (a "forestry district") in northwestern Hubei province, People's Republic of China, directly subordinated to the provincial government. It occupies in western Hubei, and, as of 2007 had the resident population estimated at 74,000 (with the registered population of 79,976).The population is predominantly (95%) Han Chinese, the remaining 5% being mostly Tujia.AdministrationThe administrative status of Shennongjia is rather unique, in that it is the only county-level administrative unit of the People's Republic of China that is designated a "forestry district" (林区), rather than a more usual county or county-level city.Shennongjia's status within Hubei is also somewhat unusual, in that this county-level unit is directly administered by the provincial government as opposed to be part of a prefecture-level city or prefecture, as are Hubei's all "normal" counties. However, this arrangement is not unique to Shennongjia, as Hubei also has three county-level cities (Xiantao, Tianmen, Qianjiang) which are directly under the provincial government, without being part of a prefecture-level unit.
Plan your visit to Shennongjia and other destinations in China using our China itinerary planner.
Source
Create a full itinerary — for free!

Plan your trip to Shennongjia

  • Get a personalized plan

    A complete day-by-day itinerary
    based on your preferences
  • Customize it

    Refine your plan. We'll find the
    best routes and schedules
  • Book it

    Choose from the best hotels
    and activities. Up to 50% off
  • Manage it

    Everything in one place.
    Everyone on the same page.

Where to stay in Shennongjia

Browse hotels, guesthouses, and unique homes and book your stay on the world's leading accommodation sites.
Live like a local, find unique places to stay
Millions of travel reviews on TripAdvisor

Recently planned trips to Shennongjia

9 days in Hubei BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA November, culture, outdoors, historic sites, museums, popular PREFERENCES: November, culture, outdoors, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 9 days in Hubei BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA November, culture, outdoors, historic sites, museums, popular PREFERENCES: November, culture, outdoors, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 4 days in Shennongjia BY A USER FROM PHILIPPINES April, popular PREFERENCES: April ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 4 days in Shennongjia BY A USER FROM PHILIPPINES April, culture, historic sites, museums, popular PREFERENCES: April, culture, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 9 days in Hubei BY A USER FROM PHILIPPINES April, culture, outdoors, historic sites, museums, popular PREFERENCES: April, culture, outdoors, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 7 days in Hubei BY A USER FROM PHILIPPINES April, culture, outdoors, historic sites, museums, popular PREFERENCES: April, culture, outdoors, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 10 days in Hubei BY A USER FROM PHILIPPINES April, culture, outdoors, historic sites, museums, popular PREFERENCES: April, culture, outdoors, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 10 days in Wuhan, Shennongjia & Xiangyang BY A USER FROM HONG KONG March, popular PREFERENCES: March ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular PACE: Medium 8 days in Hubei BY A USER FROM THAILAND December, culture, outdoors, relaxing, historic sites, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: December, culture, outdoors, relaxing, historic sites ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium
View more plans