Hong Kong Monetary Authority, Hong Kong

4.6
#252 of 1,105 in Things to do in Hong Kong
For those wanting cerebral and educational insights into Hong Kong’s financial past, head to Hong Kong Monetary Authority. The center's exhibitions delve into the city’s historical money processes and financial center, and hosts incredibly informative and interesting presentations. Building security will ask to see photo ID, so come prepared. The views of the busy city landscape from the higher floors is also worth stopping for. To plan Hong Kong vacation without wasting time, ask Inspirock to design an itinerary.
Create an itinerary including Hong Kong Monetary Authority
map
Hong Kong Monetary Authority Reviews
Rate this attraction
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating 4.5
38 reviews
Google
4.5
TripAdvisor
  • The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) is located on the 55th floor of Two International Finance Centre. You need to bring along a photo ID before you are allowed to enter. You will then get a visito...  more »
  • To enter the information centre of the HKMA, it is necessary to take part in the deli of the international financial centre during phase two, the identity document/protection of the triplets. The Information center exhibits both the currency and the banking system in Hong Kong. And the information center is a different point of view to the Hong Kong scenery from the high. I think the information center is far from the ground and it seems to be a lot worse than the Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur.
    View original
  • You can sign up for a free ride to the 55 floor of the currency board, where a full history of Hong Kong coins can be observed, and transparent floor-to-ceiling glass can be appreciated, and it's a pity that only the day is set.
    View original
Google
  • The display here is interesting,but what attracts me more is the nice view of Victoria harbor from an elevated position.
  • Free guided tour at 2:30 pm or by appointment. Unique souvenirs are often sold out. Excellent library opens for all.
  • An excellent museum for those approximately 5% of visitors interested in the history of Hong Kong currency and the city's evolution into a banking hub in Asia. For the remaining 95% of visitors, it has an awesome view of Hong Kong island and Victoria Harbour from the 55th floor where the museum is located.
  • Free views from the 55th floor. Just remember to take some form of ID.
  • if you are traveler and wanna know history of Hong Kong, please come to visit this place
Places to stay near Hong Kong Monetary Authority

Plan your trip to Hong Kong

  • Get a personalized plan

    A complete day-by-day itinerary
    based on your preferences
  • Customize it

    Refine your plan. We'll find the
    best routes and schedules
  • Book it

    Choose from the best hotels
    and activities. Up to 50% off
  • Manage it

    Everything in one place.
    Everyone on the same page.

Plans to Hong Kong Monetary Authority by other users

View more plans